Nexus Websites Limited – Terms of Service
These Terms of Service shall apply to all orders submitted or to be submitted by you for any item, service or subscription offered to you on or via the Nexus Websites website. These do not affect your Statutory Rights under UK Law.
(1) Service Obligation
1. Nexus Websites Limited (NW) is a service provided by Nexus Websites. Nexus Websites will use reasonable endeavors to ensure a prompt and continuing service as described in the specification (“the Service”) but will not be liable for any loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries, or service interruptions caused by circumstances beyond the direct control of Nexus Websites, or by errors or omissions of the Customer. Nexus Websites specifically excludes any condition of warranty as to the accuracy of third party information received through the Service.
2. Nexus Websites will not be held liable for indirect, economic or consequential loss whatsoever.
3. Breach of Terms and Conditions by customers shall lead to termination of Service with no entitlement to refund.
4. All fees paid are non-refundable and once registered domain names cannot be changed in their name or extension without the costs due in the registration of a new name with the appropriate registry costs.
(2) Contract of Service
1. The contract period for domains shall be for a minimum of one year.
2. Authority for recurring transactions will be obtained from the customer via a PayPal agreement. This authority will remain in force until such time as the customer cancels it in writing/email instruction to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Nexus Websites may elect to suspend or terminate the Service immediately on any default of payment by the Customer.
4. From time to time parts of the Nexus Websites network may be taken off-line for repair or routine maintenance. Nexus Websites will Endeavour to give as much notice as possible but will not be held liable for any unscheduled downfall in the Network due to extraneous conditions including but not limited to Act of God, inclement weather, act of telephone or Governmental organisations or power failure.
(3) Improper use and Liabilities
1. The Customer shall acknowledge that he/she will only use the Service for lawful purposes. The Customer shall not use the Service to receive or transmit material which is in violation of any law or regulation, which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property (including any trade mark or Copyright). This extends to violations due to any spamming and or bulk email activity for which Nexus Websites can and will follow up in the Courts of Law.
2. The Customer shall take reasonable precaution to prevent the reception and transmission of viruses to the Nexus Websites Network and beyond and shall not attempt any intentional and malicious damage to the Nexus Websites Network or use the Service to affect other computers.
3. It is the Customer”s responsibility to keep all user names and passwords secure and not let third parties knowledge or access to them or to store them on any computer in plain text or in a format that is easily accessible.
4. The Customer will notify Nexus Websites immediately by telephone or e-mail in any event of a username or password becoming known to a third party.
5. The Customer hereby indemnifies Nexus Websites or its trading concerns against any action taken by a third party resulting from the Customer”s use of the Service.
6. The Customer shall notify Nexus Websites of any action taken against them by a third party and will not hold Nexus Websites liable for any resulting costs.
7. The Customer shall be responsible and liable for any costs to telephone companies by use of the Service from their point of connection.
8. The Customer acknowledges that Nexus Websites cannot exercise control over the content of information passed across the Internet and via the Service.
9. The Customer agrees to conform to the acceptable policies of connecting to other Networks or computers across the Internet.
(4) Sub-lease/Re-selling Restrictions
1. The Customer agrees not to re-assign, re-sell, sub-lease or transfer their account in any way, shape or form without the proper procedures being followed as required by the appropriate domain name registry. Contravention shall lead to immediate termination of the Service to the Customer by Nexus Websites.
(5) Service Agreement
1. The Customer has the right to withdraw from or cancel their Service Agreement with Nexus Websites within the first 72hrs of any new agreement. Any domain transfers should be made in writing via email only and no refunds will be due for domain registrations.
2. Domain transfer requests – provided all details are correct and procedures followed by the customer – should be carried out by Nexus Websites within 48hrs of receiving the customer”s email assuming also all outstanding invoices/balances have been settled by the customer with Nexus Websites. In the event of a customer wishing to transfer the IPS tag relating to their domain name to another Internet Service Provider(ISP), a small transfer charge equal to the current annual hosting charge will become payable.
3. All deposits for any service undertaken by Nexus Websites are non refundable.
4. Design, graphics produced by Nexus Websites Limited remain the intellectual property of Nexus Websites Limited until full and final payment has been received.
5.Hosting transfer requests – provided all details are correct and procedures followed by the customer – should be carried out by Nexus Websites within 72hrs of receiving the customer”s email assuming also all outstanding invoices/balances have been settled by the customer with Nexus Websites. In the event of transferring your website hosting to another host provider, Nexus Websites will not be liable for any faults and not responsible for any technical support without charges.
(6) Domain Name Agreement
1. Nexus Websites will register a domain to an individual and/or company on a per domain basis and the individual or company is granted exclusive use of this domain so long as all fees are paid and the balance of any accounts are kept up to date.
2. By registering a name you agree to keep Nexus Websites and its associated companies and its Directors fully and effectively indemnified at all times against action brought about by any person, persons or company against you in using the name. You will assume liability and costs for any such action and release Nexus Websites and its associated companies should any such situation arise.
3. Any registered domain can be used for any legal, decent and honest use on the Internet and must not breach any UK laws. The name cannot be used for any immoral or pornographic use. The registrant agrees to have read and accepted the terms and conditions of the appropriate domain registry before ordering a domain name for registration by Nexus Websites.
4. Nexus Websites shall not be liable for indirect, incidental or consequential damages, including loss of income, data, or information in any event by use of the Service.
5. Nexus Websites reserves the right not to register or assign any domain name for whatever reason.
6. Nexus Websites reserves the right to delete or suspend any domain name if payments have been defaulted upon and may at its discretion levy admin charges in re-establishing any domain or service thereof.
7. Nexus Websites reserves the right to vary the rate charged for domain name registrations and renewals and/or modify the services offered providing at least 28 days notice via its website of any cost or service changes.
8. Nexus Websites reserves the right to charge an administration fee in the event of transferring a domain name to another provider/party. This fee currently stands at £30 providing no outstanding balance remains owing.
9. With regards to the registration of a domain name ending in .uk Nexus Websites is acting as an agent of Nominet UK. By Nexus Websites registering such a domain name you agree to Nominet UK”s Terms & Conditions.
10. The customer assumes responsibility for keeping their contact details up to date with Nexus Websites and it is the sole customers responsibility to validate thier domain name with ICANN within 15 days, or the domain name will be suspended beyonds Nexus Websites control.
(7) General Terms and Law
1. If Nexus Websites suspect illegal activity, we may notify the authorities and reserve the right to do anything on the system which our Lawyers advise us to do in the protection of the system.
2. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the England & Wales, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the Central London County Courts or the London High Court in all disputes arising out of or relating to your use of the Nexus Websites service.
3. You acknowledge that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Nexus Websites as a result of your use of Nexus Websites. You agree not to hold yourself out as a representative, agent or employee of Nexus Websites. You agree that Nexus Websites will not be liable by reason of any representation, act or omission to act by you.
4. Each respective Registry (i.e. Nominet, InterNic etc…) will notify the legal registrant of the disputed domain(s) of their position and liaise with all parties in dispute as determined by their respective terms and conditions of service provision. Nexus Websites cannot enter into any direct involvement with the resolution of any dispute other than inform and relay to its client any information supplied by the appropriate Registry as we have no ultimate control over of any domain assigned by any Registry.
(8) Changes to Terms of Service
1. We do keep these terms of service under regular review and we reserve the right to change them so please do check each time you use our website. Such revisions shall be effective immediately. If we need to send any updates to our terms of service and you”ve given us your contact details, we”ll do this by communicating them to you via e-mail or mail. In all other cases you can read about them here.