How do I get street view on Google maps?
Google has recently introduced a massive update to one of its most useful services: Google Maps. This update contains a swathe of new and exciting features that has resulted in an entire re-design on the user interface. You can read more about some of the biggest changes here.
But what about the old functionality?
With the enhanced capabilities of the new Google Maps, there are now two ways to access street view.
In the bottom right corner of the screen, you will see a box with the icon of a small man: Pegman. Simply click on Pegman and the map will be highlighted blue across all areas with street view.
You can then left click anywhere on the blue areas of the map to zoom straight in to street view.
Additionally, if you are looking close up at popular areas you may see small blue and orange dots across the map. Clicking on these will allow you to see multiple images of these areas, including the inside of certain buildings!
Finding a specific location
The second way to navigate to street view is by finding a location on the map – you can either use the search bar to find an area, or click on a specific location on the map. This will then bring up an information box in the upper left of the screen. Within this box there will be an image labelled ‘street view’. Click on this to be directly taken into street view for that area or location.
Navigating in Google Map”s street view
Moving around in street view is fairy similar to before the new Google Maps update:
- Click along a road to move on that direction, with an arrow signifying the direction of travel, and an ‘x’ where you will next move to.
- Hold down the left mouse button and drag to look around and scroll with the mouse wheel to zoom in and out (you can also use the button near the compass in the bottom right of the screen).
- To move across different nearby roads, mouse over the map in the bottom left and click on the road or area you wish to go to next.
- You can also navigate across nearby relevant featured areas including photo spheres and galleries by clicking on the image carousel across the bottom of the screen.
- To exit street view and return to the main map, click on “Back to map” located in the very bottom left of the screen.
We hope that this clears up some confusion about using Street View in the recently updated Google Maps! How do I get street view on Google maps? Now you know!
Bespoke Website Design
Established in 2010, Nexus Websites are a creative digital agency based in Wigan working with clients all over the UK. With a vast range of experience and a proven track record we have everything you need to take your business to the next level.