8 Tips About Creating Search-Friendly Web Content
The one sure way to know that your website content is good is if your visitors then link your site, re-post on Facebook, re-Tweet and otherwise draw attention to what you have written so that others can see it too.
Google regularly changes its search engine formulas in order to provide the searcher with interesting, quality and, above all, relevant content. There are a few simple rules used by our Wigan web design team when creating content, and some are listed below:
Top Tips for Creating Good Web Content.
– Make sure you really know your subject/products in depth. Be informative and accurate and have up-to-date information.
– Ensure that you proof-read your work – bad spelling and sloppy grammar will impress no-one.
– Illustrate your site with clear pictures, photos or charts relevant to the subject matter.
– Don’t overload your site with too many distracting advertisements.
– Use a layout that is clear and easy to read; try and avoid clashing background colours.
– If your site accepts payments then make sure you use a secure payment system and let your visitors know this. Your customers need to know that they can trust you with their credit card information.
– Be original – Google can now pick up on whether content has just been lifted from someone else’s website and you will find your site down at the bottom of the search results. Someone looking for information will often browse several websites on the subject and will not like to see the same content repeated over again but just with a slightly different heading.
– If your site links to other websites so visitors can access further information (such as adding a location map, for example) then make sure the links work properly before you go live.
Ultimately, you need to look objectively at the whole site from a visitor’s point of view. If you came across this site, would you want to share it with others?
Bespoke Website Design
Established in 2010, Nexus Websites are a creative digital agency based in Wigan working with clients all over the UK. With a vast range of experience and a proven track record we have everything you need to take your business to the next level.