7 Things to Include in an Email Signup System
Reacting quickly is an integral part of building up and improving your relationship with your customers by email. A user subscribing to your mailing list is a good sign that they are interested in you, and want to see more about you. Taking advantage of this by creating a suitable signup system can be very beneficial to enhancing a positive relationship.
Creating a good signup system
This process is first initiated by the initial form that is used to subscribe to your email list. As the user is the one that is putting the effort into keeping in contact with you, you need to let them know what to expect. There should be some easy to digest text in a simple and catchy layout, with brief points that explaining what they will get from signing up. The form itself needs to have as few fields as possible. A length form that asks for too much information will put people off.
It’s also a great idea to add an incentive to subscribing, such as a discount on their next purchase. This can really help to encourage people to sign up, as they can directly benefit from it.
After a user has decided to sign up, consider adding a welcome email thanking them and explain more in-depth about what they can expect to receive in your emails. If they are expecting something interesting and more relevant to them in your emails, this will encourage the customer to open your mail with a higher priority.
7 Tips to a successful signup system
Here is a list of 8 brief tips from Wigan web design to help you improve your signup system.
- The signup page should be easy to find on your website.
- There should be an incentive offered when signing up.
- On the form page, you should include certain expectations such as the type of content and how often you’ll send emails.
- Be sure to say ‘Thank you’. This may seem trivial, but it can be the first step to starting a positive relationship and building trust.
- You need to encourage the reader to open your first email campaign by telling them it will contain things that they want to see.
- Set up a welcome email to help set expectations.
- Personalise the content in the welcoming email to more specifically target a subscriber.
Bespoke Website Design
Established in 2010, Nexus Websites are a creative digital agency based in Wigan working with clients all over the UK. With a vast range of experience and a proven track record we have everything you need to take your business to the next level.